Explosion Vent Panels
Explosion vent panels are designed to provide instantaneous overpressure protection for pressurised equipment like dust collectors, driers, silos, spreaders, elevators, air scrubbers, sieves, screens and various other types of dry, bulk handling and storage equipment. Continental’s explosion vent panels are designed to allow a full and immediate opening to minimise the structural or mechanical damage that may be caused by expanding gases. These gas expansions can result from the deflagration of dust, gases, or mists in equipment, rooms, buildings or other enclosures.
Our explosion vent panels provide the following benefits:
- Full instantaneous opening
- Full opening under dynamic or static pressure conditions
- Designs interchangeable with existing panel applications
- Available with Burst Disc Indicator (B.D.I.®) Alarm Strip
- Designs available for non-fragmentation Continental’s explosion vent panels are offered in rectangular, square, or circular configurations and in several types of construction to meet the operating parameters of various applications.
Our vent panels are offered in rectangular, square, or circular configurations and in several types of construction to meet the operating parameters of various applications.
The VP series explosion vent panels is a flat, scored, and epoxy coated aluminium panel. This panel is best suited for operating conditions of positive pressure or vacuum pulsations. It is recommended for a maximum 50% operating to burst pressure ratio, positive or negative.
The CP series explosion vent panels is a flat composite style panel constructed of 316SS and fluoropolymer. This panel is ideally suited for cyclic operating conditions, going from positive to negative or negative to positive pressures. A 50% maximum operating to burst pressure ratio is recommended.
The SFC solid metal and CFC composite (metal/fluoropolymer) explosion vent panels are pre bulged, circular designs. These panels are suitable for higher operating conditions of up to 70% of the burst rating positive pressure and negative pressure of up to 14.7 psig (1.02 barg) full vacuum.