We pride ourselves in working consultatively with our customers and consequently, a lot of the assistance we provide is all part of the service. If, however, you would like our assistance on a larger project or our involvement in a wider scheme, we are able to offer our services on a consultancy basis.
Our industry experience is broad so although this list is by no means exhaustive, it gives an overview of the type of consultancy services we offer;
- Vapour Losses: We have the expertise and specialist software required to accurately estimate vapour losses from any vessel or vessels, be it a single process tank or an entire tank farm. A leaking vent, faulty blanket regulator or compromised IFR can result in huge losses of product and/or nitrogen – we help to quantify those losses allowing our customers to make informed decisions on the cost-benefit of installing new equipment.
- Storage Tank Vent Sizing: Our business is firmly rooted in-tank venting and we have many years experience and the relevant specialist software required to size breather vents and emergency vents. We work to the latest API and ISO standards and offer this service for new and existing vents on fixed and floating roof storage tanks. There were a number of changes to API2000 (6th edition) recently which mean that vents sized to a previous iteration may no longer be deemed suitable.
- Tank Farm Health Check: We offer service which involves verification of equipment sizes and specifications with respect to API2000, ATEX and other applicable standards. This is a service we have offered to a number of tank farm customers, with frequent issues encountered relating to ATEX rating of flame, undersized vacuum relief vents and incorrect setting on tank top equipment. If you are spending more than expected on nitrogen or your VRU is working less or more than you would expect, you may benefit from us visiting your site.
- Process Engineering: Our in-house process engineers have experience in a wide variety of sectors and are available to work on projects relating to tank storage, fluid transfer and process safety. Having an on-site process engineer working in conjunction with our service, design and product selection teams can often make for a smoother and lower cost installation. Engaging multiple contractors can often cause problems – by working with Assentech, you have access to a wider range of products and a broader range of services than many other industry specialists.
- Process Safety We have been involved in supporting a number of customers with HAZOP, LOPA studies and Risk Assessments and are able to provide our engineering support, project coordination and management as well as a technical authority and process engineering expertise. Recent process safety engagements include evaluation of overfill protection systems for a fuel installation and a review of tank farm operations for a defence customer.
- Project Management: Our work entails collaborating with engineers on a range of manufacturing sites and plants, including COMAH sites and ATEX zones – this has given us a huge amount of experience in managing installations. We are pleased to draw on that experience and offer our project management services for your project. We have managed a host of projects on behalf of customers, ranging from the supply and installation of tank gauging system, implementation of rail loading gantries and development of new tank storage areas.